Okay, well spring looks different this year – hello Nor’easter.
The snowflakes that are falling outside my window here on the Cape remind me of this stunning winter glitz shoot that I worked on, with an amazing team, at The Dane Estate in Chestnut Hill, MA.
Silver Glitz Linens, with Crystal Flex Chairs speak to the chill of the season that is unfortunately still lingering here. Luckily, some of the elements of this shoot can be used all-year-long. Bar carts and sweetheart tables are season-less!
Below are some tips and tricks to implement them all year long:
Bar Cart Tips:
- Don’t forget to rent a bar cart! (Your venue most likely will not have one on hand.)
- Serve up your specialty drink from a bar cart to impress guests and create a distinct experience separate from your full bar offerings. For this shoot, we served apple whiskey sours with a cinnamon stick garnish – perfect for fall/winter. You can also mix up the recipe to make it suit a variety of seasons: strawberry lemonade whiskey sour, pomegranate whiskey sour, Hawaiian stone sour (sweetened with pineapple juice) – all suitable for spring/summer.
- Bring plenty of additional elements to style with. The more containers, pitchers, frames and canisters you have the better off you will be. During this shoot, I brought along silver baskets that I planned to use to hold the cloth napkins. In the end, they were much better suited to elevate the pitchers of cider – so grateful I had them!
Sweetheart Table Tips:
- Use an eye-catching linen that is different from the rest of the guest tables. It helps to create a natural visual emphasis that separates you from the rest of your guests.
- Design with a half round table so that you don’t have to manage the excess dead space that a full round creates. This helps to make your floral arrangements appear bigger and the table look impeccably designed. This simple trick makes the whole design look more expensive!
- Bench seating is a must so that the time spend sitting down is comfortable. You know you’ll be spending a lot of time on your feet interacting with guests and dancing the night away.